Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies,
The University of Tokyo.
e-mail: khiguchi( a t )acm.org
Keita Higuchi is a Ph.D. candidate in the Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies at the University of Tokyo. He was a Research Fellow at the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. He received his B.A. degree in Kanazawa Institute of Technology and M.S. degree in the University of Tokyo. His recent work specializes in immersive telepresence, human-UAV interaction, and augmented embodiment. He is working as the Rekimoto Lab at The University of Tokyo with Prof. Jun Rekimoto on the Flying Head project, which won a Emerging Technologies Prize at ACM Siggraph Asia 2012.
Immersive Telepresence, Augmented Human, Autonomous Aerial Vehicle, Video Content Creation System, Augmented Reality, Telexistence, Computer Vision, Augmemted Sports.
- Keita Higuchi, Yinpeng Chen, Philip A Chou, Zhengyou Zhang, Zicheng Liu, ImmerseBoard: Immersive Telepresence Experience using a Digital Whiteboard, Proceedings of CHI 2015, Seoul, Korea, 2015. [new][to appear]
- Keita Higuchi, Michihiko Ueno, Jun Rekimoto, Scarecrow: Avatar Representation using Biological Information Feedback, The 2014 IEEE International Conference on Cyber, Physical and Social Computing (CPSCom 2014), September 1-3, 2014. [new][to appear]
- Kei Nitta, Keita Higuchi, Jun Rekimoto, HoverBall : Augmented Sports with a Flying Ball, The 5th International conference on Augmented Human, March 7-9, 2014.
- Katsuya Fujii, Keita Higuchi, Jun Rekimoto Endless Flyer: A Continuous Flying Drone with Automatic Battery Replacement，The 10th IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing (UIC 2013)，December 18-20, 2013, Vietri sul Mare, Italy.
- Keita Higuchi, Katsuya Fujii, Jun Rekimoto Flying Head: A Head-Synchronization Mechanism for Flying Telepresence，The 23rd h IEEE International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence (ICAT 2013)，December 11-13, 2013, Tokyo, Japan.
- Keita Higuchi, Jun Rekimoto Flying Head: A Head Motion Synchronization Mechanism for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Control，CHI 2013 Extended Abstracts (alt.chi)，April 27–May 2, 2013, Paris, France. [pdf]
- Shingo Yamano, Takamitsu Hamajo, Shunsuke Takahashi, Keita Higuchi, EyeSound: Single-Modal Mobile Navigation Using Directionally Annotated Music, The 3rd International conference on Augmented Human (AH), March 8-9, Megève, France. [pdf]
- Keita Higuchi, Yoshio Ishiguro and Jun Rekimoto, Flying Eyes: Free-Space Content Creation Using Autonomous Aerial Vehicles, CHI ’11, Extended Abstract (alt.chi), 561-570, May 07-12 2011, Vancouver, BC, Canada. [pdf]
- Keita Higuchi, Tetsuro Shimada and Jun Rekimoto, Flying Sports Assistant: External Visual Imagery Representation for Sports Training, The 2nd International conference on Augmented Human (AH), March 12-14, Odaiba, Tokyo, Japan. [pdf]
- Keita Higuchi, Jun Rekimoto
A Flying Telepresence Platform to Augment Moving Sensation，Transaction of The Virtual Reality Society of Japan，Vol.19, No.3, (2014. 9).(Japanese)
- Katsuya Fujii, Keita Higuchi, Jun Rekimoto
Endless Flyer: A Continuous Flying Drone with Automatic Battery Replacement，Journal of the Information Processing Society of Japan, Vol.55, No.8, (2014. 8).(Japanese)
- Keita Higuchi, Jun Rekimoto
Flying Head: Head-synchronized Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Control for Flying Telepresence，Siggraph Asia 2012 Emerging Technologies，(2012. 12).[Emerging Technologies Prize!!]
- Siggraph Asia 2012 Emerging Technologies Prize
- Outstanding Master Thesis Award, Graduate School of Interdisciplinary Information Studies, The University of Tokyo
- Commended by The University President 2009, Kanazawa Institute of technology
- CHI 2012 Interactivity (Juried)
- Ubicomp 2012 Adjunct Track
- GCCE 2013
- Augmented Human 2015
Programming Environments: Visual Studio, Emacs+bash, Processing, Ardiono, Ecipse, Xcode.
SDKs and Toolkits: Kinect SDK, OpenGL, Unity, OpenCV, ARToolkit.
OS: Windows, Linux, MacOSX.
2013/06 – 2013/09
2014/06 – 2014/08